Thursday, December 22, 2011

4x6 calendar

I've come up with a cute and very easy desktop calendar!  I've given these as gifts in years past and family members love them!  This year I decided to make them into quick pages so that you can give them as gifts too.  And it's not too late even though we're so close to Christams!
All you need to do is insert pictures.  Then have them printed at wherever you have your 4x6 pictures printed.  I use Costco because it's inexpensive and they do a good job.  Make sure to print them matte finish.  I forgot that step this year!  I mount mine on white cardstock that measures 4 inches wide by 6.5 inches tall.  I mount them back to back so I only have 6 pages.  You also will need a cardboard piece that is 4.5 inches wide by about 15 inches long.  I just cut up cardboard boxes to get these pieces.  They may not be the prettiest but that's OK!  Fold the cardboard in a triangle. Then I use my bind it all to bind the pages and the cardboard together.  It sounds complicated by it's not!  And actually once I have it made, I just open the binding and resuse the base over and over again.  If you don't have a bind it all, you can easily just use a a hole punch and rings that you can pick up at any office supply store.

Let me recap the supplies:
calendar pages printed as 4x6 photos
white cardstock- 6 pieces cut at 4x6.5 inches
cardboard piece-4.5 inches by 15 inches long
bind it all OR metal rings and a hole punch

I don't have mine put together yet this year.  But I know it won't take me long to do so here's a couple pictures of the ones I made last year using Snappy by AmyDane Designs.



You could easily get this done today!  While my store is 45% off why not pick up these QPs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...