Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Contests

Why I signed up to compete in 2 contests while I'm on vacation, I'm not sure. Except that they have great prizes! One of the contests I'm doing is at Brownie Scraps called "Minitopia." I bought a ticket, got 5 great mini kits, and now am awaiting the second challenge to be posted. The first challenge was to use all the pieces of the first mini and scrap using white space and clustering. We had to scrap a moment that changed our lives. Well, we were all given aliases so I'm not scrapping pictures of myself-people would probably recognize my kids. I can't post my LO because then people will know my alias! There will be voting in THIS forum here at some point. If you know me well enough, you might recognize my photos and then you can vote for me!

The other contest that I'm competing in is "This Scrappers Got Talent" at Stuff to Scrap. I do NOT have an alias so I can show you my layouts. Each week we're given instructions on what to scrap. So far they definitely have been challenges for me! The first week was to scrap a layout of ourselves with the words "I am" somewhere on the page and to journal but not using complete sentences. I never scrap layouts of myself. Here's what I came up with. The kit is A Passion for Paisley by Scraps N Pieces at Stuff to Scrap. (I just realized I broke the rules because I used an exclamation mark! Oops)

I made it to the second round. The second week we had to do a top 10 list that used 10 pictures and was a two page spread. I haven't made many two page layouts. I really love what I came up with. The kit is Ambience by Digi Designs by Nicole at Stuff to Scrap. The border came from Utski Designs.





I haven't found out if I made it to week 3 but hopefully I will! There's no voting for this contest so I can't even bribe you for votes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...