Tuesday, February 9, 2010

News and a Challenge

Sorry I didn't blog yesterday, I'm working on a couple different projects. One is a mini scavenger hunt for the guests to play at my twin's 1st birthday party. I wanted to have a game that adults would like since my twins will probably be napping and my niece will be too, so it just leaves adults! I love participating in road rallys and scavenger hunts. My sister and dad put together a road rally for my 30th birthday. It was so much fun! Not too long ago my sister put together a photo scavenger hunt for a date day for my husband and I. I have her about 30 minutes notice! I'm working on scrapping that into a small flip book.

Another project I'm working on is related to digital scrapbooking. Stuff to Scrap has a forum blog train challenge. Anyone can sign up to make a mini kit or QP for the color palette and theme for that month. The train departs on the 1st of each month. I've picked up several of the trains before and I love them! I decided to try my hand at designing. So if I get it done in time, you'll get a free mini kit from me on March 1st. This month's theme is French Tulips and it has red, light green, light blue, navy and beige. I'm almost done with my papers. I love making papers! I wanted to make my own elements but I'm not that good! I'll probably have to get some CU stuff and then recolor it. But I'm trying to extract stuff.

A third project is what relates to my news. I don't know if you noticed but I have another CT blinkie on the right. I got accepted into JW Digi Scraps' creative team! Janice has a Valentine's Day kit that is going to be released on Saturday. I've already done one page for it and I'm going to work on another one soon. Stay tuned because you might get a freebie QP out of it!

Onto the challenge. I participated into another speed scrap at Stuff to Scrap yesterday. Luckily my babies cooperated and napped until I was done! I used a kit called Happy Day by Mel Hains Designs. I really love her style plus she gives away one free kit over the course of 4 weeks. This was last months (I think). Due to the instructions given for the speed scrap I had to use two elements that weren't in her kit. The straight stitches are from Os designs and the circle stitches are from Aprilisa Designs' Best Friends kit which I recolored. i've been wanted to scrap these pictures for a while but never got around to it. I just love watching my babies play duets on the piano!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...