Monday, January 25, 2010

A new blog

I have recently fallen in love with digital scrapbooking. I started by finding digital scrapbooking freebies and now I'm obsessed with it! I've made an album for my mom's cousin Grace who is the closest family we have in town and who has celebrated everything with us throughout the years. I made desktop calendars for my mom, sister, husband, mother-in-law and father-in-law. I've started making a small flip book of a scavenger hunt that my husband and I did not too long ago. I got to wondering why it took me so long to get into scrapbooking (I didn't do a ton of paper scrapbooking either) but now I know that I just didn't have the right subjects to scrap about! There is nothing more fun than creating scrapbook pages of my two babies: Natalie and Noah! They make pages perfect!

My big project is to make Natalie and Noah each an album of firsts. Their first birthday is coming up soon so my plan is to scrap firsts in their first year of life and make them into a book. If you read by card making blog, you may know that I need challenges to spark my creativity. I have found several digital scrapbooking forums that host a boat load of challenges. I decided to become a member of Stuff to Scrap and complete their challenges. (I've also done another challenge at Go Digital Scrapbooking but I've only done one there!) One of the reasons I joined Stuff to Scrap is that they allow you to post layouts done with kits from outside their own community. I like to use all different items in my scrapbook pages so that was a plus! Both sites (and many others too) have such great challenges. It has really motivated me to get started on the albums for my twins.

One of the challenges I participated in was the Color Challenge. I made this page here:

The papers and the brown bow came from a mini kit from Digi Designs by Nicole; button, ribbon and frame came from a kit by Scraps by Andrea; other buttons came from a kit by This Little Missy; the glitter scatter is from JIC Creations; the curve template is from Delicious Scraps; and the font is from Font for Peas and it is called Pea Missie with a Marker. I just had to scrap these pictures of Natalie! Her faces while eating avocado were just priceless. Neither she nor Noah like avocado still to this day.

I'll be back later to post more layouts that I made based on challenges. I should find some lunch while my babies are napping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...